GS Paper I- History and Geography of the World and Society.
India held 1st-Ever International AYUSH Conference At Dubai In November, 2017.
- India held Dubai’s first-ever AYUSH conference in November, 2017 to spread awareness about the prevention and management of lifestyle diseases through Yoga and Ayurveda.
- ‘International AYUSH Conference and Exhibition 2017’ with the theme of ‘Lifestyle diseases: Prevention and management through AYUSH’ was organised from November 9-11, 2017 by Science India Forum, a voluntary group for propagation of science among masses, with the support of Ministry of AYUSH.
Highlights Of The Development–
- The conference for Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Sidha and Homeopathy (AYUSH) practitioners, policy makers, industrialists, researchers and students was organised under the patronage of Sheikh Nahayan Mabarak Al Nahayan, Cabinet Member and Minister of Culture and Knowledge Development with the Indian missions in Abu Dhabi and Dubai.
- The conference had 30 invited talks, 150 oral presentations and 100 posters. As many as six workshops were scheduled on Cupping Therapy, Varma Therapy of Sidha, Herbal product registration, Ayurvedic dietetics, Marma and Ayurveda (healing through stimulating vital points) in the conference, attended by 1200 delegates from AYUSH systems from more than 20 countries.
- Policy makers, eminent personalities and experts of AYUSH system from Australia, Canada, the US, Singapore, Malaysia, Germany, Russia, India, Hungry, Sri Lanka also participated.
GS Paper II- International Relations.
First Ever Nordic-Baltic Youth Film Festival In India.
- The Nordic-Baltic embassies are all set to host the first ever youth film festival of the European nations in Delhi showcasing movies from the region.
- The November 13-18, 2017 festival in collaboration with the India Habitat Centre will be held from 6.30 p.m. every evening.
- The Nordic-Baltic countries — Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway and Sweden, or NB8 — are tied together geographically and historically through trade, culture and many common yet diverse value systems.
Highlights Of The Development-
- The statement said the embassies through this film festival were carrying the bond further and reaching out to the culturally rich Delhi audiences.
- This platform offers a great opportunity for Nordic-Baltic countries to reflect on the similarities and appreciate their differences.
- It will also prove to be a platform to enhance people-to-people relations and share the thrill, excitement and experience of watching films together.
- The festival will offer a diverse mix of some of the most celebrated and Oscar nominated movies from the Nordic-Baltic region. From action movies to family films to documentaries, the collection offers something for everyone’s taste.
GS Paper III- Security.
‘EX BLUE FLAG-17’- Kicks Off With India For The First Time.
- ‘EX BLUE FLAG-17’ kicked off on 5th November, 2017 along with air forces from nine countries – the largest aerial exercise ever held by the Israel Defense Forces.
- For the first time, the Indian Air Force or IAF is participating in Blue Flag 2017.
- A 45 member contingent of the Indian Air Force touched down Uvda Air Force Base in southern Israel last week on 31st October, 2017 for exercise ‘Blue Flag-17’.
Highlights Of The Development-
- Teams from India, the United States, Greece, Poland, France, Italy and Germany are taking part in the exercise, along with Israel and an eighth country unidentified by the IDF. The Indian Air Force sent a C-130J transport plane. Other countries sent fighter jets, transport planes and refuelling aircraft.
- According to the IDF, more than a thousand people including pilots, commanders and technical personnel are taking part in the 11-day exercise. The exercise is being held out of the Israeli Air Force’s Uvda base, north of Eilat.
- The participating countries will square off against the IDF’s so-called Red Squadron, which acts as an enemy force in exercises.
- According to the army, the goal of the exercise is to both improve technical ability and to strengthen the diplomatic cooperation between the countries.
- ‘EX BLUE FLAG-17’ is a bi-annual multilateral exercise which aims to strengthen military cooperation amongst participating nations. Indian Air Force is participating with the C-130J special operations aircraft along with Garud commandos.
- The exercise would provide a platform for sharing of knowledge, combat experience and in improving operational capability of the participating nations. Exercise Blue Flag gives the opportunity to the IAF to share and learn best practices with some of the best professionals from other Air Forces.
- India is Israel’s top destination for arms exports, buying 41% of export between 2012 and 2016.
- Israel is India’s third-largest source of arms, with a 7.2% share of imports between 2012 and 2016, next to the US (14 percent) and Russia (68 percent). And while in 2017 when Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited Israel many more deals and MoUs got inked in the field of defence.
Sources- News Bharati.