Mitras Ethics Case Study
You head the public relations department of the state’s largest bank. The department is responsible for putting together a quality service recognition program. Your bank’s public relations agency is designing the advertising specialty components for the program targeting the bank’s 10,000 employees. Your spouse owns X Promotions, the largest advertising specialty firm in the state. The company offers the best prices for large orders. X Promotions has supplied products for a number of other accounts of the public relations firm. This is the first time, however, that the public relations firm has used X Promotions for a bank project. The public relations firm does not know that your spouse owns X Promotions. You have not suggested the use of X Promotions. The public relations firm has made its recommendations to you, including using X Promotions as the vendor for the quality service recognition program. What should be your next course of action – with the public relations agency, your management team and your spouse? Also, answer the following:
- The ethical issue and/or conflict involved.
- Internal/external factors that may influence the decision.
- Identify key values.
- Identify the parties who will be affected and define the public relations professional’s obligation to each.
- Select ethical principles to help the decision making process
- Make a decision and justify.
25 marks / 300 words.
Please write the answer in comments section