Parliamentary Forum on Youth
The Parliamentary Forum on Youth was constituted by the the Speaker, Lok Sabha, in consultation with the Chairman, Rajya Sabha, on 20 February 2006.
The Hon’ble Speaker also constituted four Sub-fora of the Parliamentary Forum on Youth, viz.
- Sub-Forum on Sports and Youth Development.
- Sub-Forum on Health.
- Sub-Forum on Education.
- Sub-Forum on Employment
The functions of the Parliamentary Forum on Youth are:
- To have focused deliberations on strategies to leverage human capital among the youth for accelerating development initiatives.
- To build greater awareness amongst public leaders and at the grass-roots level on the potential of youth power for effecting socio-economic change.
- To interact on a regular basis with youth representatives and leaders, in order to better appreciate their hopes, aspirations, concerns and problems.
- To consider ways for improving Parliament’s out-reach to different sections of youth, in order to reinforce their faith and commitment in democratic institutions and encourage their active participation therein.
- To hold consultations with experts, national and international academicians and Government Agencies concerned on redesigning of public policy in the matter of youth empowerment.