For upsc ias
Philosophy Fresh Batch starts on 5th June’23 at 5 PM and 21st June’23 at 11:15 AM (Offline/Live Online)
A Tradition of Excellence
Many aspirants have been able to crack IAS in their first attempt under his mentorship. He gives utmost importance to conceptual clarity, revisions, Live Answer Writing Sessions and personal attention. Such strategy has been responsible for stellar performance year after year.
Fresh Batch starts on 5th June’23 at 5 PM and 21st June’23 at 11:15 AM (Offline/Live Online). Limited Seats. Enrolment going on.
UPSC Centric Pedagogy
Marks Enhancing Skills
By Ankita Jain, AIR-3
No Background Needed
No academic background in philosophy is needed. It is proved by the fact that all our toppers have been from technical background, such as , Athar Amir, Rank 2 : B.Tech; Sanskriti Jain, Rank 11 : B.Tech; Gaurang Rathi, Rank 33 : B.Tech; Garima Aggarwal, Rank 40 : B.Tech; Jatin Lal, Rank 42 : B.Tech; Kumar Harsh, Rank 43 : B.Tech
… and many more
No Current Updates
Helps in Essay Paper
Helps in GS-IV Ethics Paper
Questions are direct and often get repeated.
Fixed nature of this paper makes it scoring as well as predictable
Included in the Course
How to write good answers in Philosophy
Mitra Sir explains the nitty gritty of what it takes to make your answers stand out in Philosophy Optional of UPSC Mains.
* Live Answer Writing Sessions (LAWS)
* Doubt clearing sessions
Epoche (Quality Enrichment -cum- Test series) : 12 tests , sectional and composite
Support till needed
For those who clear prelims in any subsequent attempt(s),
1. Selected videos will be provided for revision
2. LAWS just before mains can be attended at no cost
* Topic wise PYQ ( 20 years ) discussions
* Classes : 10 hrs/week
Complete Study Material
Pre Enrolment Information
Offline / Online Live
- Delhi/Jaipur- New Batches
- → 5th June 2023 (5 PM)
- → 21st June 2023 (11:15 AM)
– Back up video classes will be provided, in case students miss classes.
– Candidates can repeat few classes or entire batch for 3 years without any additional cost.
– Old students on clearing prelims can attend LAWS to be conducted just before mains exam.
- Online Live & Recording
– a dedicated portal will be assigned to each online student where they can see live lectures as well as recordings after 3 hrs of live session ( app. 3 hrs will be taken in processing by the system. Sometimes it might take a longer time because of server issues)
– During live sessions candidate can ask doubts by raising hand. Those who are seeing recordings they can raise queries by typing on the portal itself.
– Viewing hours : Live sessions + twice viewing of entire course with a course validity of 6 months. So in a way they can see three times including live.
Live sessions are complementary. So they are not counted in viewing hours. Candidates are requested to watch live class to avail not only this facility but also for disciplined & timely coverage of the syllabus.
– On clearing prelims few revisions classes, if needed, would be provided on request placed through mail. They can also attend LAWS.
– A big advantage for online candidates is that they can join batch at any point of time specially ongoing batch. Whenever they join they can start their batch from class 1 only as all lectures will be available on the portal. Yes, they will be provided on going batch only. It would be their choice either to continue with live sessions or starting from beginning.
It has been seen that online candidates wait for the fresh batches and end up wasting time. If they have already have decided for the subject they should finish it as soon as possible to gain competitive advantage by having multiple revisions.
– Hard copy of material would be despatched by courier/speed post and its tracking ID would be shared.
- Classes : Monday to Friday
- Entry points to the batch :
– New batches begins either with Indian philosophy or Western philosophy.
– Accordingly admissions will be opened in these two sections only.
- Candidates are requested take admission timely so that we can complete administrative formalities and despatching material timely.
Fee : ₹ 58500/-
This fee includes:
- Course Material
- Test Series ( Epoche : 12 Tests ). It is neither adjustable nor extendable nor transferable.
- PYQs discussions
2. Those who are changing optional and have already done coaching or written IAS mains exam (on presenting proof) : 15 %*
*Discount Policy Does Not Include Installment Facility.
1. First Installment: Rs 35,000/- (You may pay the first installment using the options below)
2. Second (within 1 month) : Rs 23,500/-
For Online Course
Before you pay for online mode, make sure that you have an account with us on our course platform (courses.mitrasias.com). If not, then, please make an account using this link : make an account .
You may enrol by paying via any of the following modes. Just decide which of the above-mentioned options you want to pay for and enter the amount while using any of the modes below. Just take a screenshot of the successful payment screen and mail it to us with your name, phone number and the course paid for on email@example.com and we will take care of the rest from there.
You may scan the QR Code below or directly enter this UPI ID to make the payment : 9560928172@paytm
You may also pay directly via NEFT to the following account:
Name: Mitras IAS
A/C : 50200059152060
Branch: Delhi, Rajendra Nagar
If you prefer other payment methods like cards, etc, you can pay using the Instamojo link below. Please remember that if you use this method, Instamojo will charge an extra convenience fee of 3.6% of the fee paid by you.
For our other philosophy courses, refer the following links
Philosophy Study Material
The following resources related to philosophy optional have been developed and collected by Mitra’s IAS and are all free to access.
Notes of Ankita Jain (AIR-3) and Ambarish Vemuri (AIR-150)
Philosophy Q. Bank
Classified and non-classified questions of Philosophy optional
Revision slides (video format) for important topics
Some of the best answer copies of our successful students
Latest content updates related to Philosophy Optional
Access our latest updates like mindmap outlines, classified PYQs, etc
available to our classroom and correspondence students
Resources from our Blog
Revision & Answer Writing Outline – Jainism
JAINISM Realistic and Relativistic Pluralism Anekantavada : Metaphysical side Syadvada : Logical & Epistemological side Theory of Relativity of knowledge Use of syat Saptabhanginaya – Theory of seven folded judgement...
Philosophy Optional Topic Wise Questions – Western Philosophy
1. Plato and Aristotle: Ideas; Substance; Form and Matter; Causation; Actuality and Potentiality “There is a red chair.” How would Plato explain this statement with the use of his theory of forms ? Examine. (2021/10)...
Philosophy Optional Syllabus & Booklist
Philosophy Syllabus for UPSC Mains - Paper I History and Problems of Philosophy Western Philosophy 1. Plato and Aristotle: Ideas; Substance; Form and Matter; Causation; Actuality and Potentiality. 2. Rationalism (Descartes,...
Mitra Sir is the pioneer in guiding students for Philosophy optional in English medium for last 15 years. His hard work and consistent effort have made Philosophy as one of the desirable optional for students preparing for IAS/UPSC examination. He is the founder of Mitra’s IAS Institute, one of the best institutes in Delhi – NCR.
Mitra Sir is a distinguished mentor of various toppers, such as AIR 2,3,11,27,33,40,42,43 to name few. Many candidates have been able to crack IAS in their first attempt under his mentorship.
He gives utmost importance to conceptual clarity, revisions, Live Answer Writing Sessions and personal attention. Such strategy has been responsible for stellar performance year after year.
He has been mentor for not only philosophy but also he has been guiding for ethics paper and mentoring for overall preparation for IAS examination.